Tuesday 23 June 2015

My blog's 1 year old! Want something painted?

"Hmmm, what's this all about?" An old model of mine that I painted just over a year ago that I haven't shared here before.
Incredibly, as of today, I've been blogging for a year! it's flown by and been a real motivator for me to get stuff done, largely because I've received some really encouraging feedback from you followers/oldhammeres and it feels like I'm contributing a bit to this wonderful community. And it's this community which has also inspired me to create, paint, and explore my imagination within our hobby world.

So many thanks for contributing, in whatever way, and helping me to share and explore my love of this immersive hobby.

I'd like to contribute something back to my followers:

If you could let me know what your favourite blogpost of mine is in the comments section, then I will randomly choose 1 follower who I will convert/paint a model for!

(I'm thinking it may be good for the winner to send one of their unpainted/neglected models through to me).


Now surely all us bloggers must like stats; so here are mine from my first year to share with you:

  • Over 15,000 page hits

  • 68 posts (including this one)

  • 81 models painted (!):

4 Bloodbowl Orcs
1 Plaguebearer
6 Foundry Human runaways
6 Dark Elves (2 of which were speed painted)
1 Centaur
1 Plaguemarine
1 Empire Captain on the Path to Damnation
1 Great Unclean One
2 Mummies (in attendance to the GUO)
5 Hasslefree Heroquest adventurers
1 BloodBowl Dwarf referee
6 Jes Goodwin Ogres
1 Chaos Warrior
1 Chaos Marauder
1 Chaos Thug
6 Orcs
6 Goblins
1 Legacy Warband Elf
16 Mantic Zombies
1 Troll
1 Chaos Sorcerer
6 Beastmen
6 Chaos Dwarfs (including a mortar)

I'm quite impressed with myself! I've also broadened my horizons from purely RoC stuff, to Heroquest, BloodBowl and even a bit of 40k. At the same time I've moved away from purely GW miniatures and explored Hasslefree, Mantic and now, with my Freeway Fighter project; a diecast car and some Heresy miniatures too.

So to finish (and to start a second year of blogging), thanks again for following and contributing to my blog and inspiring my ideas for the hobby and being a part of this community in general; and if you'd like to be in the pot for me to paint one of your models, please leave a comment below, letting me know which is your favourite post of mine and why.

Thanks again all and looking forward to the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment